Classroom Tour



Here is a little peek into my room on the first day of school:

Desks are arranged in groups of 4 or 6.  I know lots of people love tables but I still like my old school desks with all their stuff at hand and hidden away! They can get messy but bribery helps - the desk fairy will randomly leave you a Hershey kiss if you have a clean desk from time to time.



We are starting a social studies and science unit on Africa so I set out some books to get students interested and asking questions.



We will post questions we have on stickys and put them on the Wonder Wall.  



Front board in the room - Our words of the week for our spelling focus.



Class Meeting Area




Behind the shelf in the meeting area is the book nook.



Back of the room - shelves upon shelves!  Most of the bins hold books.  Closer to the sink area are our classroom supplies and math manipulatives.



These labels are from Khrys Bosland.


The sink and back counter.  The upper cabinets are for my resources.  The lower cabinets are for students.  The drawer has mainly art supplies and the bottom cabinets contain various items that they may use to create or publish information found from the wonder wall.  The black box on the counter is our charging stations for the iPads.  Notebooks are waiting patiently to go in student desks! 




Teacher zone!  The little desk stores all the resources and items that I use daily or weekly.  The chair just spins around to our conference/small group table.  I love the set up!  


More storage cabinets to the left of the teacher table.  I get the top, the students have their book boxes and station materials in the bottom ones.  On the front, we have our alphabet which also works as our word wall.  Alphabet is by The Bubbly Blonde (I bought both the black and the white set to make the vowels stand out).  Word families and blends will go up later, as we learn them.  


Writing table to the right of the teacher table.  I will post more pictures on a post about our stations.


Hope you enjoyed the classroom tour!  Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top